To obtain Turkish Citizenship by investment, you should purchase real estate in Turkey with a minimum total value of 250.000 USD. As your Right Hand in Turkey, we’ll be presenting you with the most suitable options to maximize your investment.
1. Choosing the RIGHT property
Our team will be searching according to your search criteria and make sure to source the best possible choice available. You’re not limited to only one property.
2. Safely Buying a Property
After choosing the RIGHT home for you, we guide you through the buying process. It is very easy process, thanks to our team experts who will be your Right side the whole time.
3. Apply for Turkish Citizenship
In your Citizenship application, our company lawyer provides legal assistance during the buying process. In citizenship application legal guidance is critical. But with the Right team, this process will be easy and smooth for our customers.
4. Receive Your Passports
The Right-hand team assists our customers in receiving Turkish passports. The process of obtaining a Turkish passport usually takes around 2 to 6 months
The Documents Required To Obtain Turkish Citizenship
• Application form
• Your passport
• 4 passport-size photos of each member of your family
• Birth Certificate
• Valid Tourist Visa on passport or Residence permit
• Certificate of medical health
• Documents proving your relationships with your spouse and your children
• Application tax payment receipt
• Appraisal report
• Bank receipt showing the transaction of minimum 250.000 USD
• Title deed or Notarized property purchase commitment
Benefits of Turkish Citizenship
- Continuous residence in Turkey for a certain period is not required to become eligible for citizenship. You can continue to live abroad and apply for citizenship as soon as you get the residence permit.
- Turkey accepts the notion of dual citizenship – that you can be a citizen of more than one county at the same time.
- When you apply for citizenship, you do not have to declare your assets or income that you currently have in other countries.
- Your spouse and your children under 18 years old can get citizenship together with you at the same time.
- You can travel visa-free to many countries with your Turkish passport.
- 115 countries allow Turkish citizens to stay 30 to 90 days without any visa requirement, and some countries grant visas upon arrival or issue E-Visa upon online application.
- Turkish citizens are able to use the benefits of the healthcare system for free.
- According to the Constitution, every Turkish citizen has the right to education which is free of charge.
Turkish Citizenship Types
Citizenship by Investment
You may become a Turkish citizen by buying a property worth at least 250.000 USD or making a commitment in a notary to buy a property worth 250.000 USD. You may obtain Turkish citizenship by depositing 500.000 USD in Turkish banks or employing 50 Turkish people in your workplace. However, you will not be allowed to sell your property for up to 3 years.
According to Article 1 of the Turkish Citizenship Law No. 403, you can claim to be a Turkish citizen if you are born either in Turkey or abroad to a Turkish citizen father or mother. If a mother and father are successful in their citizenship applications, this is extended to the children. Also, those who had lost their Turkish citizenship can be re-naturalized depending on conditions.
Turquoise Card System
The Government of the Republic of Turkey has created the Turquoise card system to attract foreign investors, qualified high-level educators, who will contribute to sports, arts, cultural and social activities.
You must be married to a Turkish citizen for at least 3 years at the time of application, and the marriage must be ongoing. If the applicant meets these conditions, she/he may obtain the right to apply for Turkish citizenship.
Foreigners who have lived in Turkey for five years, if they have not spent over 185 days a year outside the country. Candidates must prove they can financially support themself during application.
Turkish government will conduct an on-the-spot home check and ask you to attend an interview in Turkish to go further with your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I become a Turkish citizen, and how does it work?
A: You can submit your application to the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre after purchasing the property valued at more than 250.000 USD,（you will not be allowed to sell this property for up to three years). It is one of the easiest ways of getting Turkish citizenship. Your application form is sent to the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization. Appraisers verify the value of the property and if the 250.000 USD requirement is met. Finally, the application is sent to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs, then get an invitation for final signatures, etc.
Q: What documents do you need to get Turkish citizenship?
A: When purchasing a property with us, The right team guides you to prepare all the required documents for the application.
Q: How should I calculate the dollar and Turkish lira exchange rate?
A: General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre calculates the rate based on the rate of the Turkish Central Bank during the purchase period.
Q: How much does the citizenship process take?
A: it will take 2 to 6 months for citizenship acquisition.
Q: Do I need to fly to Turkey to get citizenship?
A: You may if you wish but in case you cannot our team will handle all necessary procedures for you via a power off attorney
Q: Which nationalities apply for a Turkish passport?
A: All nationalities who buy real estate in Turkey with a value of more than 250.000 USD can apply.
Q: Can I have my business in Turkey?
Q: Do I have to live in Turkey to obtain citizenship?
A: Yes. Your spouse, and all your children under the age of 18.